The Surrey Hills Society is only as strong as its membership –
with pro-active members we will have a pro-active Society.
Did you know our Society is run by volunteers and there are constantly new volunteering opportunities?
Call the Chairman Chris Howard to find out more on 01483-894437.
We always need more volunteers to assist with any of the following aspects:
- Organising specific walks, talks or events for members.
- Helping man our gazebo or promotional trailer at external shows, fairs, markets etc.
- Helping at talks by providing assistance with setting up, refreshments, checking attendee lists, etc.
- Assistance with administration – ranging from coordinating events booking processes to stuffing envelopes for newsletters.If you are happy to get involved with this area, we can always find a task which fits with your skills!
- Developing a core team of “hands-on” volunteers to support conservation projects within the AONB.
- We always have vacancies for people with specific skills such as publicity, web or database management, events organisation, etc.
If you have the time available and are interested in helping the Society, please contact us.
You can download often asked questions about volunteering here.